- I’m so excited for my tea! How long should I expect to wait for my delivery?
- Most mainland US orders will arrive between 3-7 business days after the order is processed.
- How do I track my shipment?
- When your order is complete, we will send you a confirmation email that includes your individual tracking number. Please visit the ground parcel delivery service website and enter the tracking number to monitor your shipment.
- How much does shipping within the US cost?
- Mainland US: There is a flat rate of $6 for shipping across the mainland US. All customers receive free shipping on US orders over $50. Alaska and Hawaii: Standard delivery to Alaska or Hawaii is available for an additional $10. Due to the considerable expense, Express and Rush delivery is not available for shipments to Alaska and Hawaii. For heavy orders (over 60 lbs), shipments to Alaska and Hawaii may require an overweight surcharge in addition to the $10 surcharge. We will contact you prior to shipping if additional surcharges are required.
- I am not based in the US. Do you ship internationally?
- We currently ship only to the US. All orders for countries other than the US may be placed on our global website at www.ahmadtea.com. If you are in Canada, please visit our partner www.specialtygoodies.ca to purchase Ahmad Tea products.
- Do you ship to Canada?
- If you are in Canada, please visit our partner www.specialtygoodies.ca to purchase Ahmad Tea products.
Returns & Exchanges
- If I change my mind, may I return an item I bought online?
- Yes, we apologize if your order did not meet your expectations. Please contact us at 1-800-637-7704 or email us at email@example.com and we will resolve the issue.
- Can I cancel my order after my package has shipped?
- You may cancel your order; however, shipping charges will be deducted from refund.
- Where do your teas come from?
- All tea comes from the camellia sinensis plant. A tea estate will typically have thousands of these evergreen bushes under cultivation. Tea is grown commercially in Asia, Africa and South America. Sri Lanka (aka Ceylon), Kenya, China and India are the 4 largest tea producing countries and together they represent 80% of world production. Other, less well-known, countries where tea is grown are Indonesia, Uganda, Argentina, Turkey, Japan, to name just a few. Production quantities will dramatically vary between the different origins. Production quality will also differ between the different origins as does the types of tea produced. Only the finest, freshest and most flavourful tea leaves are selected by our expert tea tasters/buyers to ensure that every single cup of tea bearing the Ahmad Tea name matches the high expectations of our customers.
- What is the difference between Green Tea and Black Tea?
- To begin with, nothing at all; both come from the same plant known as Camellia Sinensis. However, it is how the tea leaf is then processed that creates the difference. Black teas are teas that have been fully (or almost fully) oxidized. The oxidation process takes place after the rolling process and lasts for two – four hours before being dried by hot air. During the oxidation (or fermentation) process, the tea is allowed to react with oxygen in the air, and it turns from green to brown. The chemical changes which take place within the leaf during the oxidation process will produce a stronger brew with more flavour. Unlike black tea, green tea is un-oxidised. Japanese green teas are typically steamed. Chinese –style green teas are typically processed with dried heat using an oven-like rotating drum or a large, open cooking vessel similar to a wok. Whichever process is applied, the oxidisation of the leaf is prevented by the high temperature.
- Which of your teas contain caffeine?
- Black and green tea is produced from the leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant, which contains caffeine. Fruit and herbal infusions teas, commonly referred to as “herbal teas” are naturally caffeine-free. Although herbal teas are packed and brewed in a similar way to tea, it is not really tea. It consists of botanicals like fruits, flowers, barks, herbs, mints, spices, roots, berries and seeds.
- How much caffeine is in black and green teas?
- Black and green teas are produced from the same plant Camellia Sinensis so both green and black teas naturally contain caffeine. The caffeine content will vary from bush to bush but the average is estimated to be 35-70mg per cup. According to the UK Tea & Infusions Association, tea contains about half as much caffeine as instant coffee and a third of filter coffee.
- Which of your teas are decaffeinated?
- The decaffeinated teas in our product range are Decaffeinated Evening teabag and Decaffeinated Earl Grey teabag.
- How are Ahmad Tea's decaf blends decaffeinated?
- Ahmad Tea has several decaf products that are decaffeinated using the carbon dioxide gas method, - this is the safest method. This is the same carbon dioxide gas we breathe in with every breath we take. When carbon dioxide gas is compressed into tea leaves, it absorbs the caffeine that is in the leaves. Then the carbon dioxide is filtered out using an everyday carbon filter. Because carbon dioxide is a gas, it leaves no residue.
- What are Ahmad Tea teabags made of?
- Our teabags are made of abaca fibres (also known as Manila hemp).
- Are Ahmad Tea teabags bleached?
- Yes, our teabags are bleached in an entirely safe and eco-friendly manner without chlorine. We are willing to use bleached paper because there are no measurable toxic residues and no harmful gases are.
- Are Ahmad Tea teabags compostable?
- Like the overwhelming majority of teabags on the market, our regular teabags are 30% non-organic material and therefore not compostable although many people do compost them. If you compost a lot, you may find some mesh in your compost. The abaca fibres (also known as Manila hemp) primarily used to make teabags need a mesh to hold them together
- Do your teas include artificial flavorings or sweeteners?
- Ahmad Tea flavorings contain no artificial sweeteners. Depending on the flavor, the composition may either be natural or artificial. Our herbal infusions are 100% all-natural. We try to use natural ingredients wherever possible. However, some natural ingredients simply do not supply a strong enough flavor except in large doses. Hence there is no practical way to use natural flavoring within our products, which consist almost entirely of natural tea. All our flavored teas are perfectly safe to consume and meet all EU and US legal requirements. Also, we make sure that they contain none of the major allergens listed by the EU or the USA.
- Do Ahmad Teas contain any allergens?
- Ahmad Tea implements a ‘no allergens’ policy. By this we mean that Ahmad Tea products will not contain any of the major allergens listed by the European Union and the USA. These include the following: cereals containing gluten, crustaceans, eggs, fish, peanuts, soybeans, milk, nuts, celery (including celeriac), mustard, sesame, sulphur dioxide/sulphites, lupin, and molluscs.
- Do any of your products contain gluten or dairy products?
- All of Ahmad tea’s products are free of dairy or gluten containing ingredients. Furthermore, the ingredients used in Ahmad Tea’s products are not exposed to gluten or dairy products at any time during the production stage.
- Are Ahmad Teas kosher certified?
- Yes, all of our teas are kosher certified under KF.
- Are Ahmad Teas Non-GMO?
- Yes, Ahmad Teas are free of GMOs.
- Are Ahmad Teas organic?
- Our teas are not organic. We have had many internal discussions about organic teas and one of our challenges is finding organic tea plantations that can provide the great taste that our customers have come to enjoy and expect from Ahmad Tea. That being said, in order to ensure that we do not compromise on the quality and food safety of our teas, we continually test to ensure that any pesticide residue is far below the levels which the EU Commission has determined as safe.
- Does Ahmad Tea contain pesticides?
- Ahmad Tea has put in place an ongoing and extensive program of testing our teas for pesticides. We test our teas for over 500 known of the most common pesticides to ensure that our teas are safe to drink. Our sources know we will reject their teas if they are found to exceed European Union or US limits (called 'MRLs' - Maximum Residual Levels in Europe and 'Tolerances' in the US ). We are fully confident that our teas are safe to drink. As a family business, we pride ourselves on the quality of our teas, and ensuring that this quality is maintained to our customers' satisfaction. This includes all aspects of food safety. We continually encourage our sources to manage their tea gardens in a safe and sustainable way.
- Are any of your teas Fair Trade?
- Ahmad Tea has historically maintained a very close relationship with its suppliers and its tea buyers make regular visits to the tea estates. We pay a premium price for our teas and source from producers with the best production facilities and hygiene standards. The best quality teas are not necessarily Fair Trade. Furthermore, Ahmad Tea is a member of the Ethical Tea Partnership and is working towards achieving 100% Rainforest accreditation for 20 Aluminium English Breakfast teabag, English tea number 1 and Earl Grey.
- Do Ahmad Tea Fruit Teas contain carbohydrates?
- The fruit teas we offer do contain a very small amount of carbohydrates. You have to drink about 80 cups of our fruit tea to equal the amount of carbohydrates in a single apple or a single slice of bread. If that is still of concern to you, then our unflavored teas and herbal teas contain no carbohydrates.
- Do Ahmad Tea teabags contain epichlorohyrin?
- No, our teabags do not contain epichlorohydrin.
- What is the best way to store tea?
- Tea will gradually lose its freshness over time. We advise that the best way to store tea is to keep it inside an airtight container in a cool, dark and dry place in order to retain the best flavour possible. Furthermore, keep the tea away from moisture and highly aromatic products such as spices, herbs and coffee.
- How long does tea stay fresh?
- Unlike dry herbs or spices, tea does not ‘go off’ but will lose its flavour and taste stale after a while. If you store tea inside an airtight container in a cool, dark and dry place the tea is suitable to be drunk for a few years. However, to experience peak freshness we recommend you to drink the tea within 4 months from the time you first open the package.
- I love samples, how do I get my free samples?
- Free samples are automatically added to each order. We endeavor to select teas that compliment your purchase.
- I want to stock Ahmad Tea in my store, who do I talk to?
- Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll gladly send a catalog and distributor information.
- I'm trying to use the promo code but it says it's invalid. Why?
- In order for a promotion code to be valid, it must meet both the date and the product requirements. Please double-check the code is not expired and is valid for the products in your tea basket. If you're still having issues, please reach out to customer support at email@example.com
- What are my payment options?
- We accept Visa and MasterCard.
- How do I use a promo code when ordering?
- Enter the code in the provided box at the time of checkout. The discount will be directly applied to the final receipt. Only one discount code is permitted per individual order.
- I can’t log into my account and I am desperate for tea. What do I do?
- That must be very frustrating; let’s resolve this right away. Here are some potential solutions: 1) Verify that you are typing in the email and password registered to the account. 2) Avoid copying and pasting your email and password into the prompt boxes. Sometimes this adds an extra unseen “space” which causes the system to reject the password. If you cannot remember your password, please select “FORGOT PASSWORD” on the log in page. An email will be sent to your registered account inviting you to reset your password. If you still cannot log into your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll investigate.
- How do I reach customer service?
- Please call us at 1-800-637-7704. We are available 9 am CST – 4 pm CST. You may also email us at email@example.com.
- How do I subscribe to Ahmad Tea’s newsletter?
- We’re so happy you decided to join us. Our e-newsletter includes the latest updates across the Ahmad Tea range, exclusive recipes and much more. To receive the latest updates from Ahmad Tea, scroll to the bottom of the website and type your email address in the provided box. Select “get updates” and you will see a confirmation message that your email submission was successful.
- How do I unsubscribe from Ahmad Tea’s newsletter?
- We are sorry to see you go. To unsubscribe, click the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the newsletter.
Have a question?
If you are interested in getting in touch with Ahmad Tea, please feel free to call us at
1-800-637-7704, Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST
Or email us any time: firstname.lastname@example.org