Chai Spice Sugar Cookies
Celebrate the deliciously warm and spicy flavors of fall with these Chai Spice sugar cookies!
Tea Used Chai SpiceLearn More
Make the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, vanilla, and the content of the tea bags and beat until combined.
- Slowly add the flour, stirring just until combined. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and use your hands to form into a disk. Roll the dough to ⅛ to ¼-inch thick and cut with lightly floured cookie cutters. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, or just until the bottoms start to turn golden. The edges will not take on much color. Remove from the baking sheets to a rack to cool before icing.
Make the Icing:
- Stir together the granulated sugar and water in a small microwave-safe bowl or ramekin. Microwave on high for 30-45 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until sugar is dissolved and the syrup is clear.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar (sift first for a completely smooth icing), milk, vanilla, contents of the tea bag and 1 tablespoon of the sugar syrup until smooth. Add more milk or powdered sugar as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Spread onto cookies and allow to dry before storing.