Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies
Oh-so-English and very posh, our best-selling Earl Grey blend is essential for High Tea. Follow this recipe to turn your Earl Grey tea tags into an adorable tea-inspired treat!
Tea Used Earl GreyLearn More
- Cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Stir in flour and salt, mixing until just combined.
- Dump dough onto a sheet of plastic wrap; wrap and smash into a 1-inch thick disk; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough out on a piece of floured parchment paper to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut out rectangles of about 1.75 inches x 2.25 inches.
- Cut the two top corners off of each cookie, then use a straw to punch a hole in the cookie for the string.
- Use a spatula to place cookies on a baking tray 1 inch apart.
- Refrigerate the cut out dough for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake the cookies for 7-9 minutes until lightly golden; set aside to cool.
- Thread string and cut out tea tags; Using double-stick tape or a glue stick, fold and stick sides of paper together.
- Serve and enjoy!